Thread: SLG Question
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 07:57 AM
FlyBoyd
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: FDX 767 FO

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
"Old school drops"?? Can you explain? Other than adding the contingency drop option, from what I can see, CBA 2015 did not change how drops are requested or processed.

How would CRS determine if "everyone sees a trip" a pilot is asking to drop that isn't in OT because it's still on his calendar awaiting drop approval?
In other words....

While drop processing didn’t change, proffer eliminates some CRS oversight and, by default, eliminates the BS reasoning and “math” behind drop denials. When a pilot picks up a MU proffer it is essentially processed just like an approved drop/pickup but without reference to open time/reserve coverage.

Drop - No one sees the trip until the drop is approved. Pilots that may want the trip don’t even get to know you want to drop unless CRS says they can see it by approving the drop.

Proffer - Everyone sees the trip immediately. If you are legal for the trip, you can pick it up. MU you need hours in your bank. TPU is a straight give away.

You probably know everything I just said and old school is a poor choice of words on my part. I use proffer often as I am the low flyer Kronan loves to hate. I view it as a new way of dropping a trip. It’s like setting an item on the curb with a sign that says free and it’s gone in the morning. One pilot’s trash is another’s treasure.