View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 09:17 AM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

Originally Posted by FlyBoyd View Post
In other words....
You probably know everything I just said and old school is a poor choice of words on my part. I use proffer often as I am the low flyer Kronan loves to hate. I view it as a new way of dropping a trip. It’s like setting an item on the curb with a sign that says free and it’s gone in the morning. One pilot’s trash is another’s treasure.
Why would you think I hate you?

Totally up to you how you manage your life. If you’re financially independent, doesn’t matter to me in the slightest.

Don’t think it’s prudent for most pilots.

You are one car crash away from never being a pilot again, and if 50% pay based on your take home is more than sufficient for your needs, well, doesn’t matter either way to me. If you wind up being one of the GoFund people, well I’ll still be chipping in.

Disability is based on the highest consecutive 12 months of earnings, not what you could’ve been making. But take home.

So if you’re single, or dinks, 50% of even NB FO pay is a pretty good life.
Less so if you’re looking at 3 kids going to college and you hope to help them out.

Only people I hate are those that suddenly start blocking their calendar a year or so into negotiations to hide the extra 18 CHs they fly every month