View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 10:17 AM
NeedsMoreCowbel
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Appreciate the feedback everyone. I am set to flow in 2026... that’s 7.5 years from now and I’ll be 30. I have a bachelors degree and do charity work regularly. I feel I can get there a lot earlier than 30. Yes I know I’ll still be young and I’ve got this industry by the nads as far as that goes. However, I’m two leg commuting, spending roughly 9-10 hours every time I go up or come home. I’m looking at spending another 2.5 years in ORD until I upgrade. So total upgrade time of 3.5 years at a company that says they upgrade in 18 months. Which they do, just not on the CRJ. I spend roughly 6.5 days at home a month and feel I am cutting Time off of my life expectancy doing this commute. At the end of the day I’m looking for the slightest amount of quality of life and some decent pay. Didn’t know it was so hard to find in this industry... maybe I picked the wrong career. I love flying as much as the next guy but if it’s gonna cost me the next 3 plus years of happiness then it’s not worth it. Life is too short..