View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 08:13 PM
Fookz92
Captain who?

Joined APC: Jun 2012
Position: Backseat

Originally Posted by billsaw View Post
Actually that kinda sucks. As recently as one year ago it was good but times are a changing. I have had several buddies hired both in the northeast and the west coast for almost that money on 4 pilot planes. When I say almost I mean 240k plus bonuses. This is all within the last 6-8 months. So 260k to be the property of someone is not good money at all.

Owners on these particular jets got tired of the turnover and substandard pilots the management company was getting and threw in the towel. Give me 4 guys and pay them was the owners edict. It's funny that the management companies try to drive down the cost and find the cheapest guys they can until the owners get ****ed and throw money at the problem.

It doesn't matter anyway at this point and I hear your comment about guys that have no interest in the airlines. Problem for owners that want to "own" you is there are not enough guys that "will never" go to the airlines to crew (captain) the biz jets. So they will either compete in the future or park em. It really is that simple.
Exactly. Management company is the issue here with me too. Mentioned it to them 3 times in the past year of me being employed with this company. Great respect for the owner but its out of his hands and into the management company.

14 days PTO allowed, I put in for a request for 7 off in November and it gets kicked back to me that I can only do 4 days because of a trip booked. Told me I should have requested sooner. This was August when I requested it. I just dont get it and what PTO really means if you cant use it to plan something. We never get pop ups but also I will only be home for a totally of 6 days this month of September.

Seen a lot of guy get fed up and go to the airlines for the predictable lifestyle and schedule. Ive thought about it myself but I wouldn't have fun there I know it.