View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 10:23 AM
gbntpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: FDX B757 FO

I agree with the previous replies. It's a good plan, and it's good to have long term goals. But, don't pass up good opportunities in the meantime while you're working toward them. The one thing I would change in your plan is to avoid working for a FedEx feeder. First of all, it's all turboprop stuff, and most of it is single engine t-props. Get on with a good regional and you'll not only build multi-engine turboJET time, you'll log a lot more time, and also probably upgrade quicker and start logging that coveted PIC turbine time. Another point -- and I have to preface this by recognizing that the purple runway program is a brand new thing -- is that out of the current group of 4800-ish FedEx pilots, you could count the number of pilots who came from a FedEx feeder on one hand. Why would FedEx cannibalize their own feeder pilot group, which has a harder time replenishing their numbers than other entry-level airlines, when there are thousands of other qualified applicants begging for a chance. Just something to keep in mind.