View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 06:08 PM
Av8tr1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: And hold

Originally Posted by Gundriver64 View Post
What I'm saying is that this guy fraudulently got a 80% disability and was booted out of the military over it. Don't confuse military flight physical requirements with FAA physical requirements. They aren't the same beast. I knew an examiner who got a SODA with one missing eyeball (accident). You can't fly in the military with one eyeball...
I still don't understand. You can't get a VA disability rating until you are "out" of the military or getting a medical discharge (which would imply its not fraudulent). So until he is processed for discharge I don't think the VA will even look at him. Once you have a end of service date then you can apply.
https://www.benefits.va.gov/predischarge/

I know there is a C17 pilot flying in the Air Force with no legs and a few others that are still on active duty flying with missing limbs. So it is possible (not likely with one eye as you point out).

What I am having trouble with is the statement that the guy got a 80% rating fraudulently and was kicked out of the military FOR IT. They don't tend to rate you until you are out or on your way out. I could understand getting kicked out of the military and THEN getting an 80% rating fraudulently (which does happen sadly). But not the other way around. Your statement implies that he was kicked out FOR his 80% rating. And that's just not the way it works.

You generally can't get a disability rating until you are scheduled for end of service commitment. There must have been some other reason for his discharge from the military.

Not saying the guy isn't a duchenozzel just saying the way you are explaining it doesn't make sense to me.