View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 05:09 PM
I like BIG Bus
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by SFA320 View Post
Alright Big Bus, first off you are not my friend. My friends don’t talk in Latin. I’ve said previously, I’m not out recruiting/advocating my friends to come here. In fact I’m doing the opposite. If Joe the pilot asked me about F9, I would tell him to wait until the contract comes before even applying. I would tell them to run. It’s not worth it right now.
Now, if some stranger decides to come here I’m not going to be an a hole towards him. He’s not a scab, he hasn’t crossed any picket line. I’m going to treat him or her with respect just like I would everybody else I fly with. I’m not going to blame him or direct my frustration towards him. Management wants us to be divided if we treat new hires like dirt they are achieving their goal.
If you disagree then we will have to agree to disagree.
That’s too bad, I’m a pretty good friend. Loyal to a fault. But I won’t lose any sleep over it. I never said anything about treating these people poorly, even though they have shown complete disdain and contempt for all of the pilots on property by accepting an offer to work here at this particular time. Nor did I use the word scab. Although that brings up an interesting point. Webster’s definition 3 a of the word scab is a contemptible person. 3 b (4) states that a scab is one who works for less than Union wages or on non union terms. Using these definitions, one could support an argument that they indeed do qualify for the term. Again I’m not suggesting it, it was your word not mine. As for agreeing to disagree, we don’t really disagree that much at all. Management could give two sheets about us getting along with the new hires, they got meat in the seats. After seeing what these guys are capable of I’m surprised you even said that. The crux of the matter remains that as long as people are willing to show up for this abusive treatment under our current rediculous contract the longer it takes us to get a new one.

And by the way I don’t know any other Latin besides Caveat Emptor, And I had to look that up. It sounds so much better than buyer beware.