View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 07:06 AM
cmesoar
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: FO

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
Well let's pick that apart. When I said, clearly, that this contract would require less staffing than most of you guys thought, I got push-back.

When said that if it does require additional staffing, it wouldn't be required for quite some time because of Vaca and reserve rules being phased in over a couple of decades. Yet, most of you would NOT publicly agree with me during the voting period.

Now we have a total of 7 Airbus FOs being added to the roster of a GROWING hull count over the next 3-6 months! That from the very FIRST system bid post CBA?!? When you grow the hull count over 6 months by about 6 airframes, and only add 7 FOs (don't know if there will be any openings on the December bid), that's a REDUCTION in staffing per hull.
now now, Giggity will tell you that those mean and defiant ATC folk are causing this staffing problem by delaying our flights on purpose and causing our crews to time out. How could ATC do that to us? We have culture and we could share our near endless amount of growing potatoes with them... Heck, they could even come pick some on their lunch break. If I close my eyes right now, I can see the email with the pictures of our ATC friends if this actually happened!

all kidding aside, I agree with your post Bluedriver. I think these numbers are way to low and either something is in the works that we have no idea about or the next bid will need to be much larger. I just don't see us adding all these airframes and not bringing on more bodies with RSAs almost every day. They need to go hand in hand, Right?!?