View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 08:17 PM
porkchopexpress
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2018

General, the army FW program is hurting bad right now. Look into it. I was a UH60 CW2 when I applied for the FW course and got it 6 years before retirement. Three years in the King Air, three years in the Citation. I've been retired now for about 18 months spending time with my 3 year old and 10 month old. Time well spent after all of the deployments you mentioned. You will definitely deploy with FW unless you get really lucky, but that's a great time to knock out that degree. Embry Riddle is great, but you might want to look into Excelsior College as well. They have the same accreditation but give a lot more transfer credits for military education than Embry Riddle does.

I'm getting ready to jump into the 121 world in about a year. I have more family matters to tend to before I'll start. Because of my gap in flying I'll have to start at a regional, but all of the guys in my last unit went straight to the majors when they retired (Delta, Jet Blue, Spirit, Southwest). Army fixed wing will definitely hook you up if you can get in. I believe it's a 6 year ADSO.

Side note, I'm also in the PNW and am looking hard at Compass and Horizon to start with. Definitely pros and cons to both. Follow them in the forum. But if you get FW in the meantime and don't take a break when you retire like I did you probably won't need the regionals at all. Good luck.