View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 06:13 AM
Finny McCool
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Originally Posted by Macjet View Post
It's because they're the worst pilots and they have the highest failure rates of any demographic of pilot hired at an airline. Period.

The 91/135 world is a wildcat arena that lacks standardization, SOP's, or any real training. The biggest challenge at FlightSafety, SIMCOM, or CAE is getting your check to clear.

Take it from a former 91, 135, 91K, and sim instructor who did manage to get to an airline when I tell you that that hurdle is higher for non-121 applicants and you're far behind your 121 regional peers. It will be harder for you to get hired and you'll struggle in training. It isn't impossible but it is far more difficult.

If you want to work for an airline then go to work for an airline.
LMAO. You have issues dude. The transition from NJA to SWA was the easiest transition in my life. The job at SWA is infinitely easier. SWA is hiring NJA pilots for every class. In my experience NJA pilots are some of the best in the industry. Having said that if someone is looking for the fastest route to a major airline go to a regional where you will fly more, upgrade infinitely quicker and log 121 time. Your on the road QOL will be much better too.