View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 08:36 AM
Macjet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Airplanes

Originally Posted by Finny McCool View Post
LMAO. You have issues dude. The transition from NJA to SWA was the easiest transition in my life. The job at SWA is infinitely easier. SWA is hiring NJA pilots for every class. In my experience NJA pilots are some of the best in the industry. Having said that if someone is looking for the fastest route to a major airline go to a regional where you will fly more, upgrade infinitely quicker and log 121 time. Your on the road QOL will be much better too.
Congratulations but your comments are irrelevant to the question asked. 91/135/91k guys have the highest failure rate of all new hires. They perform worse in training than prior 121 and .mil applicants. The main reasons being the lack of standardization and SOP's at most of these places. Are there exceptions? Absolutely. If 80% of those hires are successful then 8 out out 10 will be here saying 'that's BS man, you have issues, I made it, etc' whereas 2 will be saying, 'I didn't make it'. We have several NJA, Flex, Shares, Joe Bob's Charter, etc here at Spirit. But that does not change the underlying FACT that that demographic has the most trouble getting through training. As such, you are going to have a harder time getting hired at a major/LCC/ULCC coming from a 91/135/91K than you would if you came from a 121 or .mil. Spirit and all the others know this and you will have a higher hurdle to cross than anyone else. I'll say it again; if you want to work for an airline then go to work for an airline. 1000 hrs/year in an RJ will do more for your career and seniority than 200-600 hrs/year in a BizJet.