View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 05:27 PM
ChalupaBatman
ORD Prisoner

Joined APC: Feb 2017
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by McNugent View Post
Buy XJT. The whole dang thing. Rehab, re-fleet and have total operational control. Give these guys a seniority number, give them brand loyalty and a reason to give a flip. Make them feel like they’re part of the United family. Call me crazy, but I think that would be worth it’s weight in gold and the express product would be all the better for it.

Obviously there are current contract languages in place, but that can always be re-negotiated.

I agree with the practicality of it. That idea, plus a flow through to American is what led my brother to Piedmont. But his reality like many others at the AA owned carriers is not as rosy. He’s telling me it’s about 6 years for him to get to mainline. Needless to say he doesn’t want to wait and is actively looking at other opportunities.

Now, if you talk about buying XJT and stapling them, then it becomes a whole different concept, one where UAL new hires can be placed into the 145. Then, you can see where the retention of small jet pilots would cease to be an issue. But, the likelihood of this happening has got to be one hell of a long shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk