Thread: Exclusive Jets
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 08:03 PM
Oksure
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hello again Oksure,

I’m really not sure where you are going with this question; I thought that we all had covered pretty well that our Maintenance is good as any other place I’ve been, be it Part 135, Part 91K, or Part 121. Aircraft broken? It is written up and MEL’d or AOG waiting on a part. Every time that I know of. We are way too big to risk stupidity just to get 1 trip to work out and I haven’t seen the slightest hint of that “iceberg tip” that some have warned about on here (with no proof or details, I might add). The Part 134 1/2 answer that you seem to be looking for in all your posts is not here. Are you interested in working here, already work here, or do you have an issue with us? It seems that your entire posting history here is critical of us, so I will assume the latter.

But to answer your question, I have no idea and never heard of IS-BAO before. So I looked it up and found out that it is mainly for international charter operators. Since we do limited international to Canada, Caribbean, and sometimes Mexico, it seems tha Argus Platinum is working just fine for us.. However, here is an excerpt from Sherpa Report for you:

“However, remember that if your operator does not fly internationally, it may not make sense for them to obtain IS-BAO certification. Cost is also a factor for many smaller operators; ARGUS and IB-BAO are more expensive than Wyvern and so may not be within practical financial reach for a relatively new company.”

It also went on to say that as of 2012, only 5% of US Charter operators were certified Argus Platinum, so it would seem that we are in pretty good company. And no certification will guarantee that 2 crew members will never screw up or have an accident. that includes the Major airlines as well. You can read more here:

https://www.sherpareport.com/aircraft/is-bao.html

You seem to have a great deal of interest in the Company, since I believe all of your posts are about us. SO why don’t you PM me with any questions you may have if you are interested in coming here. If not, I will still answer your questions and PM’s but I would like to make a suggestion: If you expand your posting to more interests than just our Company, then your posts will collectively carry more weight and therefore be more credible. Otherwise, a string of nothing but negative posts about a single company make one look like a disgruntled ex.
ARGUS and wyvern are all about how big a check the operator is willing to write. Sorry you don’t know about ISBAO....look into it....there is a reason why iSBAO is more expensive as it is the only true SMS for 135 operators out there.