Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 04:36 PM
Flyinlynn
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: Cessna 172 CFI

Originally Posted by Biggbird View Post
With 1800TT and a cfii you shouldnt be to far off. If you prepare with all the materials that are sent to you before training you should do fine. My earlier point was that this isnt some easy time builder job. It takes some work to get checked out here.

The Jan-March classes still have 12 pilots on the seniority list between all 3 of them. April-June have produced 29 total. Sometimes theres just a bad bunch. Since you have the time to get a jet job and go 121 make sure this is someplace you really want to be. If it is, apply and come fly. If you have other career goals there are better ways to get there in my opinion. The regionals will get you an ATP which AMF will not do at least until you’ve been here for a few years.
I was at SkyWest last fall but having only learned part 61 and my experience is as a steam gauge CFI instructing primary students in Cessna 172’s I had a much harder time in training then I had expected.

I was making too slow progress and resigned while in the sims last November.

I have been advised by many that I should go to a part 135 operation like Ameriflight to gain the skills to be successful in any future regional training. I am a late in life career changer so I am running out of time to fly part 121.

It could be that my professional pilot career may begin and continue with Ameriflight.