View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 06:47 AM
Buzzd
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Default This was just posted on another website

I spent 3 years here and it was the worst flying job I’ve had in the past 10 years.

The Crew Scheduling department is run by Nicole Crabtree and is openly hostile towards the pilot group. Upper management supports her and seems to like that she ‘be the bad guy’.

The union is lead by Earl Blowers and he does absolutely nothing but Support Management and apologize to the pilots. Don’t expect the contract to be enforced by Earl. He’s a company man and might as well be part of Management.

Overall, this company specializes in deceit and underhandedness. 100% of their recruiting is propaganda. You aren’t going to United in 2 years (like 2 people did that and for the rest it’s gonna take 4-5 years minimim). The upgrade times are manipulated by upgrading 1 or 2 junior pilots (out of seniority) and then marketing “our most junior upgrade started here last month”. The rest of the senior folks are still waiting to upgrade. The performance bonuses are only paid out if you remember to send them an email specifically stating ‘I want my bonus’ every month. Es every month. Otherwise they default to keeping your bonus money and donating it to some charity. I’m not kidding.

The seniority list is a joke. The bidding is a joke. You might bid but when you show up to work you’re not going to fly your bid award. Most people lose their awarded trips because Nicole says she needs you to fly something else. You will watch junior pilots fly your trips while you sit reserve at the airport. This is a daily occurance.

Don’t get me started on the training department. The company used to have standards but now they have hired instructors who aren’t pilots and the pass rate has gone way up. Except the students can’t get signed off to fly because the quality of instructors is poor. They’ve got a couple guys who just teach the students how to pass the oral. No joke.

Maintenance? That’s a whole different rats nest. Wrong MEL’s being applied. Being pushed to fly with known deficiencies. Pilots get violated. Sound fun?

Don’t come work here. This is NOT a well run airline. It’s not even a poorly run airline. It’s a joke. If you come here then your career will also become a joke. Consider yourself warned.