Old 09-11-2018, 09:16 AM
PRS Guitars
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by WKRAFT View Post
Hey New career, LOL, I am in the similar situation like yours. As this moment I am a 43 years old with ACSEL - Multiengine - Instrument Airplane with 377TT and bachelor of science in aeronautical degree, and no where to find a job for last 5 months. I am thinking serious to go back to my previous job Lead Data Architect by the end of this month. If I dont find nothing. The good thing here is that my old job paid for all my flight training so I do not owed any money. So I am thinking to lease, rent or buy old cessna and fly as hobbie until meet some min requirements for cargo and keep working as Data Architect as main career then switch with aviation. I do have passion for flying but aviation industries sucks, too much sacrifice ! specially if you have a family, I heard that some flight schools do not offer not even a medical insurance for their flight instructors. I do have respect for those pilots that sacrifice! but with family kind a hard to do it. Best luck and keep flying!
I’m not normally a spell check nazi, but since you’re posting about finding a job, I’m going to chime in. Your post is loaded with typo’s, poor grammar and even some double negatives. Make sure your resume and CV are tight. Maybe you’re internet posting style is relaxed, but make sure it doesn’t creep into your professional life. Or maybe English is your second language, which is fine, but requires some diligence on your part.

As for jobs, get your CFI and start working. Work part time for a few months, then jump to full time. Right now, you are lacking momentum. You need to get moving forward again and CFI is the best route.

Edit: now that I pointed out some typo’s, I’m sure I’ll get critiqued on my own post...go ahead, throw your spears.