Thread: Big Decisions!

CRJ1988 , 09-11-2018 12:37 PM
Line Holder
CRJ1988
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2018
Quote: As a possible new hire I've got to get some answers for a few questions that may crop up in conversations with the commandant (wife)! I've searched through the forum so I'll list what I've picked up on and you guys can tell me if I'm wrong. Then I'll get to the things I couldn't find. 1)If you get the 175 you go to IAH and stay until another 175 base starts or United takes the 175s back. 2) New hires are on reserve about 2-3 months at IAH. 3) 175 training schedules are all over the place and may not be linear in time so you could get time off without pay. 4) Until you get some seniority you'll be doing a lot of flying and this may mean that commuting from another state may be difficult thus requiring a rental apartment. 5) Health insurance for the primary employee by themselves is expensive! Now the things I missed: A)How much can a new FO make a year if he likes to fly his ass off? B) How much does that single person insurance cost a month? C) If I commute, how much time per month would be away from home on average? I'm new to 121 as I spent my
flying time doing 91 and 135. Thanks in advance!
There’s not a snowball’s chance in hell UAL flies the -175 on their senority list. Their President wants more RJs. Hopefully ALPA doesn’t cave on scope.