View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 02:33 AM
atpwannabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Student Pilot

Originally Posted by Cubdriver View Post
I just got my second class renewed. ......... but an AME really has your career in his or her hands if you fly for a living.

That's what I'm talking about. This guy really took a geniune interest in my situation. He read my explanations and was shaking his head in agreement the entire time. As a matter of fact, below is how I started and ended my letter. For obvious reasons, I left out the body of letter. The one conviction mentioned below is for a bad check.

Btw, I put my username in place of my real name...just in case anybody wants to know.

"This letter has been constructed to give an honest and transparent account of each of the incidences that appear in this NCIC report generated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation for the purposes of issuing a First Class Medical certificate to me, atpwannabe.

While reflecting on the incidences that are listed in this report, I wish that I would have exercised better judgment at the time of each occurrence. My hope is that in each instance where the judicial system had dropped the charges because of my innocence, my hope is that the FAA will not hold it against me as well. The one incidence where prosecution did take place, I take full responsibility and hold myself accountable. In addition, I further understand that making similar decisions of that magnitude as a professional pilot could cost me my life, the life of my Captain, other flight crewmembers and my passengers. I have learned my lesson. Having to deal with the anxiety and pressure of possibly being denied the First Class Medical certificate is a very humbling experience. From this point forward, I ask to be afforded the opportunity to either stand or fall by my decisions or actions taken in pursuit of the career of a professional pilot.

Having the opportunity to become professional pilot operating under Part(s) 91, 121, or 135 has been a life long dream. There would be no need to create, form or manufacture enthusiasm, desire, or interest for the profession because it has always existed. Flying as a professional pilot will challenge me intellectually, physically, and emotionally on a daily basis. I am up for the challenge!

With that said, please accept the aforementioned as an honest, transparent and comprehensive explanation of said NCIC report and to be awarded the First Class Medical Certificate.

Respectfully,

atpwannabe

And believe you me, just waiting for a response can make you age. It feels like an eternity. Man...it's like I'm sitting on the edge of my bed, sucking down a bottle of Ensure & Maalox, wringing my hands hoping that everything is gonna turn out ok.

No, but seriously, I'm waiting patiently. When one door closes and you're waiting for another to open...it can be HELL standing in the hallway.

atp