View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 06:55 AM
ecam
Banned

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Big E 757 View Post
That sounds like a revisionist history to help you maintain your bitterness.

At the time that the Comair Pilots went on strike in 2001, which I supported by the way, Delta was heavily dependent on only two commuters. Comair and ASA. After the strike Delta decided to diversify their regional partner portfolio so they couldn’t be hurt by a strike as badly as the Comair strike hurt them. You got whipsawed by all the lower paying RJ operators. It sucked. I always liked Comair. That is, until JC Lawson turned around and kicked us all in the junk, when we ended up on furlough, after we had supported all of you during your strike. He was willing to not kick us in the junk if Delta gave Comair all the 70(-76...I can’t remember if the CRJ900’s were a thing yet) that they had on order, but Delta told him to pound sand, so he told us to pound sand.

See, I can be a grudge carrying, ****ed off a-hole and blame everyone else for my plight too. But life is too short.

Are you JC? What ever happened to him? I think his militancy is a big part of the reason Comair was shrunk, and eventually shut down. But if you insist, you can blame it on how awesome you were and the threat you posed to Delta as a competitor.
JC retired.

What you left out is that Comair management (controlled by Delta) came to our MEC and told them they didn't want to hire the Delta furloughees because they didn't want to pay to train pilots who were guaranteed to only be around a year or two. So management told us that if we wanted them hired we had to give something up to level the cost of training them. So in their infinitesimal wisdom, our MEC asked DALPA for concessions on scope. I personally thought it was a terrible idea, but that's what they did. so you guys continue to take that out on individual pilots a decade later. Get over it.

As a side note, apparently ASA management (also controlled by Delta) told their MEC that they would hire the furloughees because they just needed meat in the seats. So it was just a big game by Delta to hurt us and decrease our contract post strike. And you guys fell for it hook line and sinker by doing managements dirty work for them. Leo Mullin was a master at playing the sides against each other wasn't he.