View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 05:35 PM
1800 RVR
New ride...

Joined APC: Apr 2005

Why do the ACMI companies think that the DAY flying is theirs forever? Why is UPS putting them out on the street? The nature of the ACMI business are contracts providing lift. Contracts expire at some point. It is up to your company to find more work. This is what puts your pilots on the street. It's not us. I hate seeing pilots lose their jobs; I've been there 3 times in the last 5 years, so I know how it feels. We here at UPS don't find joy in the fact that pilots may hit the street because of this, but if you are at an ACMI company, that is a risk that YOU are taking. It is not our fault that you are employed where you are. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but it is reality; it is business. Those contracts were bound to end eventually.

As for the Challenge Air deal, I wasn't here when that happened, so I have nothing to say about that.

I guess all of you brown tails will give all at DAY letters of recommendation for interviews at UPS... just like the Challenge guys?
Why should we? They are CONTRACTORS! I busted my a$$ to get here; if you want to work here, bust your a$$ too. No one is guaranteed anything in life, except death and paying taxes.

I'm sure that will be very comforting to all those in Dayton that will be unemployed, but hey, so what? You got yours!?
Again, why is this the fault of UPS and our pilots? If you work for a contractor, it's up to YOUR company to find more work. If they don't, then get mad at your own company. I'm getting really tired of everyone saying that the IPA and UPS is putting pilots on the street. Take your frustrations out where they belong - your own management.