View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 03:26 PM
El Gipple
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by ReserveCA View Post
Perdiem.......? Below industry average
I might actually rationalize this one. I just checked my per-diem total for 2017 which ended up at $4,428. If I were paid $2.25/hr. (vs. the $1.90 I got), I'd have received $5,244 - an increase of $816.00 for the year (an extra $68/mo.). I've listened to guys claim they will vote NO because of the per-diem # TA'd and, I'll be honest, I was a little surprised by the # myself. BUT, I don't really give a $#!+ about how the shells are arranged on the table as long as I get enough of them. At the end of the day, it's about how much $$$$ ends up in the bank, right? If, at the final moment before TA'ing an entire deal, the Company said "hey, we were wondering if you might be interested in keeping the per-diem at $1.90/hr? If you do, we'll add an extra $5000 to each pilot's DC plan every year."

Would you still vote no because the per-diem is sub-standard?

If/when there is a TA to consider, what needs to be considered is the overall economic value it provides to you. Not whether the per-diem is equal to or more than your buddy at another airline. I hate to say it, but this isn't a d!ck measuring contest.

Would I like $2.25/hr in per-diem? Sure. Will it be a deal breaker for me? Not even close, unless of course, the rest of the economic package sucks too!

Good news is I'm pretty sure no one in the NC or MEC is going to send a POS TA to the pilots to vote on unless they too want it to fail.