Thread: Contract 2018

calmwinds , 09-13-2018 04:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off
calmwinds
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2017
Quote: I don’t think the nonXJT commenters here are truly considering the position that group is in. In a vacuum sure, vote it down and demand trip credit improvements or a better rate. But the reality for these guys is this is a take it or leave it deal. I wouldn’t fault anyone for voting no out of principle, but I also wouldn’t fault anyone for voting yes knowing this is the last chance to keep their seniority list intact. It’s easy for an outsider to tell someone to vote their company out of existence when it isn’t your job on the line.
They are just ****ing on it because that is what they do. Republic has to be upset because your labor costs will be lower than theirs and you will take some of the 175 flying away from them.

I look at the contract with it’s outs in January 2019 —- which probably means everything SGU has planned has fallen through —- as a positive. It means you will know where you stand in February 2019 a little bit better. That is only 5 months away and worth the wait for many.

If the 175’s come, that will stem some of the CA departures. The 175’s and the up to $40k in signing bonuses will attract new hires that might have not given Xjet even a look. Once you start growing your pilot base again, good things will happen.