Old 09-14-2018, 01:23 PM
Reactivity
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Left, right & center

Originally Posted by saywhat View Post
So basically....."No soup for you! NEXT!"
Yeah, pretty much.

The application process at Alaska is a big turnoff. Unlike other places, you can't update. You have to wait for them to dump the last set of applications and reapply. Fortunately, the application is pretty simple. But as you've seen, their own apparent errors can lock you out and they seem uninterested in addressing it.

Then there's jumping through hoops just to get called for an interview. They do this "meet & greet", which is essentially the interview before the interview. If you're invited, you have to make your way to Seattle (I live there, but there's still working around work schedules) for a 10-minute meet with somebody that is little more than you get at any other recruiting event except that if they like you, they say you can expect to hear something soon about "next steps", i.e. a call for an actual interview. They called one bunch to interview after the last one before they freaked out about the 1Q loss and stopped hiring. The last contact said that they had filled classes for the summer, but we could expect to hear something in the fall. "Reapply" is what I heard.