Thread: WTH is with sitting around BMI in Oct??

Sennant , 09-15-2018 09:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Sennant
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2011
Quote: The same solution that has ALWAYS worked - don't accept these wages.

If enough regional pilots simply walked away from their career, do you really think they would just find someone else to fill your shoes? There IS nobody else. As an example, I just looked up the starting salary for Assistant Manager at any Home Depot - it's 60K per year. That's just one of many examples.

Short of filing a major class-action suit against ALPA for misrepresentation (which should have happened years ago), regional pilots have to just walk away from these pathetic wages, schedules, and benefits. Every day a regional pilot shows up for work, it's another day that we allow our masters to shave millions from our career earnings.

I flew with a manager recently. He told me AA and UA contact Mesa almost on a daily basis - wanting to know one thing.

"How do the recruiting numbers look today?"

Now why would they want to know this? I've seen the projected retirement numbers for AA, UA, Delta, SWA, etc for the next few years. I've also seen the airframe orders. Do you REALLY think you won't get a phone call?

The longer the regionals exist, the longer the legacies won't have to re-align their domestic markets with their own airframes and their own pilots.

One question, where do YOU currently work?