View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 12:41 AM
Sluggo_63
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005

Originally Posted by Slowmover View Post
In the past 100 hours (6 weeks)...
Yeesh... really? I did 220-ish all of last year, and that was picking up a trip or two.

To the OP:

Having said that, I agree with most posters on here. There is lots of good AND bad at FedEx. I was a furloughed legacy guy who did 5 years as a full-time AF Reserves guy before coming here. When friends ask me about FedEx, I tend to undersell it. The last thing I want is for a good friend to come here because I painted a rosy picture of FedEx life and they’re on their 3rd night of Grand Rapids hub turns in February cursing my name.

But, when I was on the 777, like others have said, I never saw Memphis. I lived near a major metropolitan airport and would just change my scheduled FedEx-bought airline ticket to depart from my home airport and get paid to go to work while sipping bourbon and watching movies. There’s something here for everyone, and once (if) you find it, you’ll be happy. That’s not to say that there aren’t thing I don’t miss about my time at the legacy. Daylight being one of them. But overall, I’m happy I’m here and wouldn’t go back to my old seniority number at the legacy I was at.

Good luck with your decision! Let us know how it turns out.