View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 05:06 PM
Fixnem2Flyinem
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by GeeWizDriver View Post
Standard schedule is 7 on, 7 off. The 52 day, 60 day, 72 day, and 76 day “Crew Choice” schedules are also available for bid with a corresponding adjustment to the salary based on whether you work more or fewer days than the standard 7-7.

The major drag to the CC schedules is that you don’t know what days off you will have until the 15th of the month prior. You also bid for those via a PLCS system that is a complete train wreck.

While in training, you are placed on the 72 day schedule and then you are placed on a schedule following the next bid which is seniority driven. Bids occur three times a year. Only one of the three each year is a “flush” bid where you can be driven off your desired (or not-so-desired but awarded) schedule or 7-7 start day by a more senior pilot.

Clear as mud?

It’s a retarded system but I expected nothing less from my company and my negotiating committee.
With the CC schedules, such as the 76 day, is there a min day off in a row? If you’re junior will you expect to only be home for a day or two at a time?