View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 03:54 AM
dbdevkc
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by Christian102001 View Post
Are there any flight schools that are like ATP flight school but cheaper?
I get what you are asking. You are looking for a program that will get you through it quick - zero to hero - for less money than ATP.

There are, but they may not be as quick as ATP. You have to do a lot of research. And there are always trade-offs. For example, ATP will not be holding your hand through the process. There would be a ton of self-study involved. There is a guy on YouTube that is at ATP and describes his experience. They are pushing him through and he busted his private pilot checkride. Many of the "quick" programs are the same way. They get you the flying, you do the study. And be prepared to do it fast. Or go in with your writtens already done.

There are plenty of others, they just don't do the advertising that ATP does. examples: American Flyers, LIFT (don't do it), Epic (FL), Falcon (GA), etc, etc...

Also, from other posts I see you are in NY as am I. NY tends to be on the expensive side for flight training. I know you were asking about Richmor. All I can say is get an estimate/quote from them. Also consider a community college for two years. I know Dutchess County CC has an aviation program.

Also, there is nothing wrong with getting a nursing degree as you have spoken about, while picking up flight time and ratings along the way on the side.