View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 06:03 PM
Varsity
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: 175 CA

Originally Posted by Sunvox View Post

When I was 23 I vowed I would never fly a jet for a non-mainline carrier. I got hired off a Beech 1900. If every pilot had the same opinion as mine regionals would never have had a place in history. I don't expect my Utopian view to be popular, but I just hope regional pilots of today can empathize a little better with mainline pilots. No one foresaw 9/11 or age 65 or the financial collapse of 2008 and THAT is really what enabled the 50 seaters and then the 70 seaters to proverbially Take Off. Today we should all be focused on reversing that trend regardless of where we work.
Are you serious?

The only people to blame for RJ's existing is the mainline pilots who sold out scope to keep a few more dollars in their paycheck.

There is no shortage of people wanting to fly for a living. Regionals have classes full until next year. It you create it, it will get staffed.

The only people creating this mess of a system are the greedy mainline pilots saying "eff the scum below me, I got mine." Now there are a few realizing the heavy intl flying is getting farmed out to JV's at the top and the regional jet flying is getting bigger at the bottom saying "oh no guys! let's band together now that my future wb job might be at risk!"