View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 07:03 AM
Chuck D
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2010

What is completely neglected when you just factor seat miles is the *number* of people who have the United experience at our regional affiliates. Many of our miles are wrapped up in ultra long flights to places like Singapore.

For each passenger buying that ticket, more than a dozen would fly express from, say EWR-BUF to equal seat miles.

So per seat miles, sure we, uh, rock. But as a ratio, how many unique passenger travel experiences go to express? It’s a lot closer and that is a tangible and significant issue.

Would have been nice to have grabbed those 65 737-700s to take control of that ratio and I hope we find ourselves with a NSNB for this same reason.

Originally Posted by Sunvox View Post
I am one in support of facts, and I find the ability of people on the internet to make posts that are fallacious and then have that information gain a life of it's own to be the single biggest failing of the internet. With that in mind here is last month's posting by UCH of RPMS. The point here is that regionals do not carry anything close to what mainline carries in any measure be it passengers or miles, and if you are a subset of regionals you are even a smaller fraction which over the last two decades has changed radically every 5 years or less.

It's all about keeping a healthy perspective . . . on ALL sides.