Gets Weekends Off
SUX4U
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2009
  • Position
    B756 FO
Quote: Replying to all of you who think I am a troll. I would run 7 miles every day at work too. I guess that isn't going to convince anyone that I am healthy either. As long as you can sleep when you are off it is no problem. Pilot for 20 years, worked shifts for the 10 years prior. I have called in sick for myself once a year, and I don't work if I am sick. My cholesterol could be lower but no health issues otherwise. I fly with a lot of guys younger than me who eat M&Ms the whole flight, go out for crap food and never work out, and find they have no energy.
It’s funny you mention your running and good diet. I can’t help but think back to the stories of a few pilots that have passed away over the years that were said to have been incredibly fit and ate healthy. Bringing their bikes with them on layovers so they could train for another triathlon kind of thing. Only to die before the age of 60.

Diet and exercise are great but not a silver bullet against decades or hard core abuse to the body due to the demands of a punishing airline schedule.