View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 09:26 AM
SmarterThanYou
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by Stimpy the Kat View Post
" Per Diem IS NOT compensation. "

30 years of listening to this ridiculous argument.

Funny, I have a six figure account that was built pretty much solely by depositing my Per Diem checks. Hmmm...Must be magic I guess, if it's not money/income/compensation. (?)

" But, it costs money to eat and per diem usually doesn't cover it.."

Well guess what? When I sit down and have a steak at home with a few beers it might cost me $15.00 or so. When I am on the road and sit down for a steak and a few beers it will probably cost me more like $30.00.

So, how much money did I just MAKE?

- At home, I just lost/spent $15.00. Period. Gone. Goodbye $15.00 ! No problem, gotta' eat right?

- On the road ( $50.00/day P.D. ), I just had a free steak dinner and pocketed an extra $20.00 to boot when they send me that check the following month.

Oh, and that check is TAX FREE. So, the 50 bucks for the day of per diem is the equivalent of approx. $65.00 of earned income.

Hmm. More pesky math...

To those who disagree with the above please remit all Per Diem Checks to:

The- "This IS NOT REAL MONEY Fund"
P.O. BOX - ZERO
Dopesville, Texas 33509

STK

P.S. - This type of lack of awareness of how money works is why I know several Pilots who make in excess of 300k per year...and have had to file Bankruptcy. Ridiculous.
My wife makes north of $750K, can you come manage our...I mean her money for me? Sounds like you have it all figured out. 👍🏼