View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

What did previous training manager say would motivate a guy to flex/superflex/LCA on the jet? Is it their position that the override will be enough to entice folks to do the job? Do we have folks who want to be an LCA so bad they'll do it for free?

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but here's what I'm figuring out...we are being divided and conquered one little battle at a time, and the union is not drawing any lines in the sand.

If they go after training guys perks...who cares? They make plenty anyway...

If they go after the Subic guys good deal, who cares? Only 80 of them...and they all got foreign wives or girlfriends or are just weird and won't come back to the states anyway....

If they inverse a few folks for a few months...who cares? You only have to be junior once....

If they change age 60 laws, it won't matter that much if you are already a captain or getting close. It will all work out in the end...and its the right thing to do...

If they pound you on the 727...just upgrade to the 'bus. If they pound you on the 'bus with optimized schedules, just go to the MD-11...the international trips are SWEET. Oops...dang....now the optimizer got US too! (Maybe I should have complained when the 727 guys or the 'bus guys got nailed!)

So far, a "businesslike relationship" between our union and the company somehow means cutting and parcelling off each other bit by bit. I'm sick of it.

There can still be win/win outcomes. Take a look at the cost of hiring 50 new hires....at 60k year one, 120k year 2 (avg), 130k year 3-4. My estimate is that averages about $5,500,000 a year. Take that amount and divide it by 160 folks (80/80 in each domicile) and you get almost $3000 a month that could have been given to pilots....imagine how easy to fill the domiciles if they said "we'll give you $5,000 a month extra....period...to do as you see fit". Pilots would have stomped each other to go to the FDAs. The company could have saved the training, insurance, and benefits costs for 50 new pilots on the payroll. And they also would have cleaned out about 50 people off some seats...many which appear to my untrained eye as slightly overmanned. So...for another 3 k a month per pilot--everyone could have won. THAT is a business like relationship...not rolling over and giving milk every time the company says "suckle time".