Old 09-28-2018, 09:00 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by jupiter87140 View Post
Thanks again all for your input on this.

I dispute any notion that I falsified anything on my medical questionnaire, and I believe any lawyer would agree with me. I have never brought this up with any doctor in the past, and have never been diagnosed with any "neurological disorder," and therefore it was appropriate to answer "no" to this on the FAA medical questionnaire. I could call up Oklahoma City today, and I'm sure they would tell me the exact same thing. If I had been diagnosed, and answered no, then I would have given a falsified answer on the questionnaire, and obviously be subject to the appropriate penalties. That is not the case here. I'm surprised that some here do not understand that. Very surprised.
The form does not just ask if you were diagnosed, it asks "have you ever had". I'd talk to a lawyer before you admit that you were aware of a neurological issue in the past and did not report it.

You're right that it's probably weak legalese for a criminal conviction, I'm sure DOJ wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole.

But the FAA operates under admin law (not civil or criminal law) and has a MUCH lower standard of evidence. They can easily abd unilaterally revoke your medical and student cert over this. This is fact, with plenty of historical case history.