Old 09-28-2018, 02:26 PM
jupiter87140
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Thanks ya all. Just got back from the doctor. He believes that I have a small tremor in the left hand, that affects only my handwriting, and nothing else. It is a not a major issue, and I have NOT been diagnosed with a "neurological disorder." He has offered to prescribe me with medication, which he believes will completely neutralize this issue. The alternative is for me to continue to learn to write with my right hand, which is progressing very well. The only problem is that I naturally want to write with my left hand, so this is a difficult choice.

The new medication for curing the left hand writing tremors would require me to submit it to the FAA for approval. It would be completely safe, but still require FAA medical approval.

I'm of the opinion that I would not like to do this medication, and would rather keep moving forward with learning to write with my right hand.

I believe this is the best option moving forward, in terms of safety of myself and others in the aviation community.

As far as the comments about automation in the aviation community...it is crazy that the aviation industry has not become completely automated and using the keyboard.

Give me a freakin break. Almost every other industry has become keyboard, totally electronic, paperless, except for the day you start a new job and have to fill out the tax, etc., paperwork. But aviation still uses old fashioned, Civil War, Revolutionary War era paper and pen? Ah, aviation...come into the 21st century.

In any event, I plan to continue with my training. I'm not taking any drugs. I will fill out the Civil War, Revolutionary War, pieces of paper with my newly activated right hand.

Thanks All!

Have a wonderful weekend!

p.s.

Those of you who believe that I should have indicated that I have a "neurological disorder" on the FAA medical questionnaire...well I think you have been flying too long with the autopilot. Your brain has atrophied with too much automation.

Do I have to spell it out to you autopilot/FMS addicts?

Ok, I will spell it out, since some births were more difficult than others.

I was NEVER diagnosed with a neurological disorder. The FAA medical asks if you have ever had such an issue. In order for you to answer "yes" to that question, you need to have been diagnosed with the disorder. I am not capable of self diagnosing a neurological disorder, since I am not a trained and board certified physician. Therefore, since I have not been diagnosed with such a condition, it was correct and logical to answer "no" to that issue on the medical questionnaire.

Was that enough spelling out for you geniuses? Or should I spell it out further?

Good Lord, please tell me that some of you who don't get that are not at a major airline. If you are, Lord Help us. You are probably not, as the MAJORS are generally pretty good at sifting out the less than highly intelligent.