JohnBurke , 09-29-2018 05:37 AM
Disinterested Third Party
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2012
Quote: Morning Folks,
I am looking to become an airport manager in about 7ish years, but I need a B.S in management. The airport is county operated and I am a county employee. I actually work as a weather observer for the airport.
I am haveing a problem finding information on what degree I should go for and what school is best for online schooling...

Any suggestions would be amazing.

Thanks.
It sounds like you've targeted a specific airport and a specific job. Do you know that the job will be open in seven years?

There are degrees in airport management, aviation management, etc and an unending litany of degrees available in management in general, along with business administration. A quick online search will produce numerous aviation management degrees, in fact.

Have you spoke with airport personnel or the county where you're hoping to be employed?

You may find that they don't care about a degree in airport management, and may simply have a requirement for a degree in management. A lot of the airport administration jobs I've seen don't actually require a degree, depending on the airport and the jurisdiction.

I suspect that you're best off talking to the people who have the job now, or who will offer it in the future, about what will be required. It may be hard to predict what will be required seven years down the road, however, or if a job will be open.