View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 06:20 PM
Bons
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Left Seat

Originally Posted by BtownPilot View Post
I am going to break my contract with my 135. Its a realllly big amount. Am I screwed or is there actually always a way to get out? One reason I am, originally it was suppose to be half the time even as they advertised on their job posting on their website but when I already turned down other positions and moved for the job, boom double the time... Any good attorney recommendations? hopefully I can find one that has never had a client pay out.

Thanks!
I left my previous scumbag operator and I had a fairly large contract. I found greener pastures with another operator that flew the same type that I really wanted to work for. I was able to negotiate with the new operator a initial hiring bonus of about 75% what my previous operators contract was because I already had the type. I wasn't sure if scumbag op would pursue the contract until I was called by a collection agency soon after I left. I took my fresh hiring bonus and some other funds I could scrape together and paid off my contract (in-full) to collection agency free and clear with no effect to my credit rating. BEFORE I considered any of the above I talked to a family member who is actually a contract attorney and told me even if I win the case, an out of state lawyer and fees could be well beyond what the original contract $ was for. Short story=prepare to pay contract in full or sit it out until expiration. I thank myself everyday for busting my previous contract. Has saved my life and my certificate!! Of course your results may vary. Good luck!

Last edited by Bons; 09-29-2018 at 06:37 PM.