Thread: Eagle News
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 05:53 PM
BoardPilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: CRJ CA

Funny how management keeps harping on how they want to lower costs to remain competitive in the regional market, and now they are paying for expensive sim time for new hires. Perhaps that will be their new excuse for not raising pay, "We just paid for a bunch of your flight time so you could get this job, we don't owe you anything more."

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I heard it about the TA falling apart, was our management (Eagle) tried to put in something about new CRJs, and that's what through it all off. Makes one wonder what is really going on behind the scenes since there is already contract language regarding more CRJ options. Almost seems like they ruined it on purpose.

I'm surprised more of our F.O.'s haven't already jumped ship, what with places like Delta and Continental hiring without turbine PIC requirements. I haven't heard much about the company helping pilots find jobs elsewhere, I would take advantage of that myself, except I am the cheap labor they want to keep, being so far down on the list.