View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 08:10 AM
greendotplus10
Gets Weekdays Off

Joined APC: May 2018
Position: E170

Originally Posted by E6BAV8R View Post
What's so wrong with the CRJ side? Is DFW even a CRJ base? How long are you seat locked for? That's the first I've heard of a seat lock at Envoy.

The only thing I would care about is getting a DFW base, as I live there (hence the interest in Envoy). Reserve sucks everywhere, but as long as I'd live in base it isn't miserable. Are you guys that fat on Reserves that reservists never fly?

Thanks for answering questions.
I want to get to DFW as well. Problem with the CRJ at MQ is that it is only flying in ORD. New hires are seat locked on equipment for 2 years. Since ORD is the only CRJ base it means you are also base locked for 2 years. I actually want to fly the CRJ but I care about domicile a lot more. From the other threads it looks like base and equipment assignment is a toss up.

You could get lucky and get DFW 175/145; in which case life as an FO would be pretty good. Or, draw the short straw and get ORD CRJ FO. The commute between DFW and ORD is a particularly tough one. But then, your forced upgrade will come in no time and you'll be in LGA or ORD.

It looks like Mesa is a much better option for holding DFW as soon as possible, both as FO and CA.