Old 11-25-2007, 06:56 AM
Whale Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: In the Purple Haze
Default Information (Or lack thereof) for the FDA's

Ladies and Gentlemen,

If I may make an observation, without "opening a can of worms", is there another source of "information" on the FDA's that us poolies do not have access to?

Does the FDX ALPA website contain detailed information such as local living conditions, housing and other important information so that a "normal" human being can make a "sound" decision for himself/herself on going to the FDA?

From my observation, there isn't any information except what is posted here to make such a "sound" decision. My extensive time in China, particularly Zhuhai and the Guangdong Provence allows me to make the decision for HKG soundly. Hong Kong itself isn't even an option with regards to the housing costs. But what if I was to only be offered CDG? I know nothing of the area and don't have any information here to make a "sound" decision.

Wouldn't it be prudent for FDX ALPA to send out an informational packet to poolies in the event they need to make a decision about the FDA? It would seem that since we are the "future" of FDX ALPA then this would be much better served than the "standard" Welcome aboard Packet that you get when you are hired at an ALPA carrier. If a packet couldn't be sent due to cost constraints, perhaps a page on the website for us to become "educated" on the FDA. Knowledge is power and for anyone not to have this knowledge prior to making a decision is crazy. Basing on what information I have on the FDA I can only choose HKG.

I understand that my information would be limited as I am not yet an employee but the "potential" for being called exists thus this information should be considered if it even exists. If not, and the rank and file don't have the information either, then how in the world did the FDA pass without such information?

I hope I don't make anyone upset but I thought this would be a proper dialogue considering the possibility of the purple olympic swim team being retired.

Thanks......

Whale