Thread: Via Air
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 06:16 AM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

What exaggerations?

I get that the AUS base is way understaffed. Every complaint I’ve heard, staffing has been the solution. So telling people not to come here doesn’t help anybody does it? It simply continues the problem creating the things you’re complaining about.

Do Pilots have to commute to base or are they given positive space real tickets to/from work? They get real tickets.
Do Pilots sit 8-10 hours daily doing airport standby? No
Do Pilots ever have to pay for their own crashpads? No
Do crews get crew cars to use while off duty? Yes
Do crews get crew meals? Yes

Do any other regionals do that?

Yes, the schedules/scheduling suck. However all the problems these complaints stem from are staffing related. Get more bodies here and what are the complaints then? If you think staffing isn’t an issue at most regionals these days then you aren’t paying attention.

I’m really not getting how trashing your company publicly is going to help solve the issues you’re complaining about? In fact, it’s actually counterproductive. Telling people to stay away because of bad schedules just ensures the schedules stay bad, since the solution to them is increased staffing.

Nope, it’s far from perfect. It’s a regional. Don’t think I ever said otherwise. The glass can be 1/2 empty or 1/2 full; it’s your choice....

YMMV

Last edited by Cujo665; 10-02-2018 at 06:36 AM.