View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 04:35 AM
Tbpilot06
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Position: CL30 Captain

Originally Posted by heyyo View Post
Have a FedEx interview coming up. The call came as kind of a surprise. I haven't always paid that much attention to the company, and my app wasn't in great shape - errors, etc. It's easy to look at that hourly rate and think, "how can I pass this up?", but my research also says this can be a tough job. The thing is: I feel like garbage when my sleep gets too screwed up and I don't like long flights. I also happen to like my life the way it is now, despite being paid significantly less than FedEx pilots.

There's a trade-off, of course, as the opportunity to live abroad, see the world, fly a heavy and enjoy great pay and benefits would be great. It sounds like there's quite a bit of schedule flexibility too. Still, not sure about taking this path.

Does anyone know pilots who have left FedEx? Many posts on APC say, "you'll love it here"*, with some caveat on the asterisk. Is caveat ever too much? Or does everyone just grin and bear it?
Nice to know you can still get selected even with an imperfect app. Many people update regularly and are more than qualified and never get selected. Good luck