View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 04:36 PM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by tm602 View Post
No woe is me at all. I consider myself fortunate and an example of the great opportunities in this country and living proof of the "hard work pays off" mantra. What I have issue with is that the odds of even getting to interview are lowered significantly by this silly type of criteria as it is on the DAL application process before I even get a chance to meet with them.
My 6 type ratings, 2 airlines (now defunct) and flight experiences as well as great CS skills may never matter because my GPA and college path knock me into a low-tier applicant. All they'll see is a GPA, current employment as a 135/91K pilot, and that's it....back of the bus. Sorry, as much as I love DAL and am still chasing a childhood dream to work for them, its a dumb way to select pilots. As a Delta FO told me at the airport a few weeks ago "...sorry to pop your bubble but we don't like business jet pilots". Fine. I'll keep trying but I'm not going to get my hopes too high. How is one supposed to paint a picture of the "real you" on a form that has pretty much nothing but yes/no boxes and numbers-only data fields? Its a dumb way to do things and they are missing out on some fine pilots who could well represent the Delta brand, all over a stupid process like that.
Delta has and is hiring corporate pilots.