View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 05:42 PM
Random Task
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by word302 View Post
Can you explain this part of your contract then

"With that said there is a means in the contract to adjust times based on historical block on a 6 month basis if there is more than a 7.5% difference. I think that time gets sent to the code shares, again because I’ve never noticed a difference between what is listed online and what we’re paid."

I'm not trying to argue, I just want to make sure I have correct data.
The actual language says "Scheduled Segment Times may be reviewed by the Company and the Union Scheduling Committee every six Months using the prior 12 Months' en route time averages for city pairs to determine whether any adjustments are to be made to the Segment Times for those city pairs. Adjustments will be made only when the en route time average for a city pair varies from the established scheduled Segment Time for that city pair by 7.5% or more plus or minus."

The paragraph before this says "For the purpose of this Article, Segment Times will be determined using the average of historic enroute (Block-to-Block) times between city pairs by type of Equipment."

So if the average segment time changes, in the future they will change the block time. In either event we're paid the better of block or better.