View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 07:21 AM
crewdawg
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

I'm glad that there is something for everyone and it's great everyone has the opportunity to get to what works for them. I'll always recommend to all my buddies to go to the first airline that calls them, then make decisions. If they can live in base then go to that airline, if they have to commute then go to FedEx. However, whether I had to deal with pax or not never even entered my decision matrix...it all came down to who called first. Then when another airline called that allowed me to sit short call at home, I went there. Had FDX called first, I would have went there...and probably still left to be home based. I think anyone will be able to find something that will work for them at any airline that hires them. All this chest pounding about not flying nights or not dealing with pax is idiotic.

That said, much like how the media hypes up how terrible things are in the world, I think this is overblown. 99.9% of the time people are decent, respectful and thoughtful. If there is a pax issue at the gate, we call someone to take care of it. If we're taxiing, the FAs deal with it and we go back to the gate and let someone else deal with it. If we're flying and we need to divert, the FAs deal with it until we get to the gate then let the cops deal with it. It 2 of the 3 instances, I'll likely end up with more pay.

Originally Posted by flextodaline View Post
Enjoy your 6 legs a day......
I've flown 2 legs in the last 45 days.