Thread: FedEx hubs
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 11:47 AM
FedEx1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2005

If you commute in, you are not entitled to a sleep room. But please make yourself welcome in the lazy boy room. Commuting is not a paid trip in. You MAY be able to get some zzz's on the commute in, while working guys can't. So they get the rooms.

Fatigue isn't ok- I wasn't implying that. If you will be too tired after the commute to fly your trip, then come in early. This is why the company had to crack down on guys jumping in right before the non stop to NRT and other long duty periods. They were simply too tired, and didn't have the proper rest.

I don't get a sleep room, either, living in MEM- unless I am turning in the hub, working both ways. BECAUSE I AM NOT WORKING. Therefore, commuters don't get them either... because they aren't working (both ways.) Whether it be jumpseating in, or driving in- both take time and wakeful periods- and neither are entitled to sleep rooms.

You never know if you are going to be the first sleeper on a long haul. Even if you are the PIC- stuff comes up, things change. I worked a flight where one of the RFO's emailed the captain the day before and asked what the sleep schedule was going to be. The captain told him he didn't know that far in advance. The guy called in sick. Probably a good iodea, he probably wasn't going to be rested.

Since you said you take a chair, I wasn't speaking to you. I was speaking of the sleep rooms.

Last edited by FedEx1; 04-07-2006 at 11:53 AM.