Thread: Via Air
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 12:52 PM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
Cujo's position is and has always been, the we need more staffing (suckers). If they could just increase staffing, the airline would be amazing. He would say that even if all the airplanes were parked and the doors shut.
Not true at all. I’ve said what their problems are. I’ve also said that all these regionals have their issues, and pilots need to research them carefully to decide which type of aggravation they want to deal with once hired. There are far fewer issues at Via than at most, but they’re different than the typical regional issues. Most problems at Via are related to growing too fast and not increasing staffing fast enough. That’s poor management planning in my opinion, but it’s still a better problem to have than a regional threatening missed assignments if you do not accept extra flying, or a missed assignment because flight loads were too heavy and you couldn’t jumpseat commute to work, or being harassed over calling in sick more than 3 times a year, or being told since you refused an extension you must file a fatigue report.

They aren’t perfect, they’re far from it actually, but they are better than most regionals IMHO. If you argue your case logically, they’ll listen.