Old 10-05-2018, 05:40 PM
CaptDave
Pronounced Kep-Ten

Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: Left

Truth be told, it’s taking me a long time to get over how I handled the RAH issue and the END issues. I’ve had a bad habit in my life of being a bit impulsive on the job stuff. Having a family that has income needs doesn’t help. Pretty much, if they call I’d interview and due to bills, mouths to feed, etc, I’d end up taking the next available class for fear of not hearing anything back from another carrier.

Believe me, if I could go back and do it all different, I would. It’s not for lack of trying, rather more of an analysis paralysis type thing where I have tendencies to overthink situations.

The END van driver situation was a pretty big issue, considering the number of people that rose voice about it. As much as I wanted to say something, I kept a low profile.

The reasoning for heading rob RAH was mostly domicile selection. One of their bases meant no commuting. I’d take that over any dollar valued sign on bonus. Period. Would’ve been great if I could’ve mustered up some grit and held through that first year.

I’m only human and make mistakes like everyone else but that doesn’t mean I’m ever going to quit going after what I want in life.

Thanks for all the info, everyone.