Thread: Interview Prep
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 02:23 PM
SunnyFL
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: CFI, CFII, MEI

Originally Posted by metalfeather View Post
First off, I recommend you do a practice interview somewhere else first. Get the nerves worked out and understand the interview process at another regional that would make a good backup plan. If you get a CJO then you have confidence walking into the YX interview. Make all your mistakes in the practice interview, then you'll be more prepared for your top choice airline.

I can confirm the YX interview uses questions from the old ATP question bank. The SA 121 interview prep question bank will help you pass this and it's worth the cost. It includes all the questions used before 1500 hrs and ATP/CTP course was required for an ATP written knowledge test. You need this, unless you are comfortable describing fuel requirements for turboprop supplemental operations to an island with no alternate.

Use aviationinterviews for passing the face to face interview, which will take place with an HR rep and a line pilot. The SA software won't help with this.

The line pilot will evaluate your ability to contribute to the flight crew efficiently by reading a METAR and a TEMPO in a TAF, brief an approach, determine minimums, read back a crossing restriction or describe chop versus turbulence. The pilot needs to see that you won't need guidance through basics that you should already know. Aviationinterviews will give you specific questions or scenarios used by interviewers.

Lastly, after getting the job, call SA again and buy the ATM prep questions. This will qualify for a 10% L3 discount. This is a newer question bank, some are similar to the old ATP questions used in the YX interview, but there are new ones the airlines don't have.

TLDR - do a practice interview elsewhere, buy SA for the YX written, Aviationinterviews for interview questions, then once hired you can gladly give SA a call for the current ATM prep.
Thank you for the reply! I appreciate you taking to the time to give advice and break down each of my questions with answers! I appreciate it!