View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 11:34 AM
Vanilla
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
I am curious what a new hire into the 175 can expect as far as how long to be sitting reserve?
At the current pace, expect 9 months up to 1 year from DOH before you can hold a line as an E175 FO. Include 2 to 3 months of initial training in that wait so maybe 6 to 7 months of actual reserve time. Alaska has options for around 30 more 175s but who knows where those will go (meaning Horizon or SkyWest).

How commuting is for SEA base?
Really depends where you commute from, how many flights per day your city has, etc.... At the moment, it can be a pain with the runway closure at SEA (until early December), causing arrival delays and worse case cancellations.... Where I commute from is typically uneventful.

Are people generally happy here compared to other regionals? If anyone wants to PM me about it, thats fine too. Thanks
Ask a hundred people and you'll get a hundred different opinions. From my experience, everyone is happy overall. Although, I'm on the jet and workload is cake. Ask a Q crew and you'll get a different opinion understandably- I flew the Q at a different operator! I can think of far worse places to fly. Attrition is steady around 10 to 15 pilots per month. Qs are slowly going away, 175s coming onboard. Upgrade time is quick especially if you come here with prior 121 experience.