View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 05:35 PM
aa73
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by Sliceback View Post
And the 737 is the worst aircraft at AA(ignoring the 190 and S80 which are small fleets and dying). The 737 is ok but every other airplane we have is better.
737 the “worst airplane at AA???” Really Slice... All a strict matter of opinion. To me It is an AWESOME bird...

For me, the MD80 was hands down the most fun aircraft I’ve flown as an airline pilot. Way more fun than even the 75/76. It’s the old school cockpit plus the crazy amount of hands on pilot stuff that I really enjoyed. Setting off car alarms every takeoff was an added plus!

The 737 is right up there with the old school stuff. Not as much fun as the 80 but not far behind. I get a kick out of the fact that I’m still connecting generators the way my fellow pilots did back in the 60s. Awesome stuff!

The 75/76 was pretty fun but the type of flying we did was boring.

777/787/Scarebus may be way more comfortable, and automated... meh, y’all can have that. Boring to me. Almost like being an automaton.

Long Live the Old School Classics!

Now if we could just park the Scarebuses and bring back a bunch of parked Md80s..... ohhh be still my beating heart